Friday, August 12, 2011

Anxiety dealing with confrontations?

As a child my mother would have violent outbursts when I lost something or said something that she did not like. This has made me think that other people will react the same way. In my mind I am so affraid they will say what she said and react the same way. It is so stressfull and I feel affraid when I meet authority and I do not want to get hurt like that way again. In my teen years it was so bad that I could not even watch people in movies or tv have confrontations. I would simply leave because it reminded me so much of painfull memories. I still get nervous watching such scenes on tv and movies and I tend to avoid them at all costs. How should I cope with this problem. How can I start trusting people in authority again. My mother was my authority figure growing up. All she did was to create fear and anxiety in my life. I want this to end. I want a life free from these awfull feeling. That I am not a good person. That I have bad self esteem. Please help me as it effects my day to day living and makes sometimes my life very difficult. I am going to see help on thursday. But I need some immediate help now. Thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment